2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Reloading Components In the Houston Area

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  jct1 
#1 ·
Guys

I have been thinking about starting up a wholesale reloading component business for a while. My friends and I literally go through a ton of lead shot each year. I have gotten dealer pricing on shot, wads, primers, and powder.

I plan to initially carry:

Lead shot in: #9, 8. and 7.5
Powder: Shotgun, rifle, and pistol
Primers: Shotgun, rifle, and pistol
Wads: Win, Rem, Downrange, Duster, and Claybuster

If this looks to be a good thing, then I will carry loose bullets, and presses.

I plan to deliver to the various gun clubs like PSC, Hot Wells, and GHGC. I have commitments from quite a few shooters who reload, and wanted to see if any 2-coolers would be interested in getting their components locally without the usual retail pricing. Thanks!

#5 ·
Thank you for the positive responses. Jammer, I'm in Pearland, but would deliver to certain places that would be somewhat central to Houston. I'm also planning to deliver to Victoria as I shoot skeet/trap down there as well.

Bantam1, I will be happy to ship to CA. Too many dealers are missing an opportunity in CA.

Varget is my favorite rifle powder. I do need an idea as to what you guys use in the way of powder and primers.

#6 ·
I use Federal Match in both small and large rifle, CCI Bench Rest large rifle (BR4?) and Winchester LR. I haven't figured out my pistol primers yet.

I use Varget and Reloader 15 for my rifle stuff (.223 and .308). I recently stocked up but I plan to shoot a lot this winter.

VV powders are pretty popular out here but they are hard to find in bulk. Most places out here are either always out or only have one pound cans. Might be worth looking into...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.