2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Need Some Wade Fisherman Input

20K views 54 replies 42 participants last post by  Rolltide 
#1 ·
Hey Guys I talked to some folks at CCA Texas and was referred to this forum being y'all are the foremost wade dudes in the universe. I wade in NC amongst the gill nets and trawlers for trout and reds but I think I might be the only one that does it. This is why I am coming to you for help.
I have been tweaking this project for a couple years now and would like to know if this is marketable. I have two kids in college so before I blow my life's savings which isn't much I would like some comments. Thanks

#52 ·
Manymoons ago, I'm talking early ninety's, I had a small manufacturer's rep business. There was a man in Corpus who made a similar product and I became his Texas rep. I used the product myself and sold it to a few independent tackle shops along the coast. Lots of upside in that you could carry lots of gear, ice, cold drinks, multiple rods and reels. Only downside I found was it was noisy with wave action slapping the rig. Don't know about your area, but around here, waders are looking for stealth and all that noise is a big no no. Take that into consideration before you make a big investment. Good luck!
www.solarscreenguys.com

#18 ·
Yep, no more than an over the shoulder box and maybe one on the wade belt. That may be what you are missing from the way most wade fish here, that is a wade belt with small tackle box plus maybe a shoulder box and one rod. If you get spooled or break a rod or backlash so bad you can't pick it, the boat is usually only a couple hundred yards away at most. Go back and get what you need.

#20 ·
All you really need to wade is a belt or sling with a few tops, plastics and jigheads along with a pair of pliers, a stringer and a boga and or net and one rod. There is really no reason to haul three rods when you can just use one and switch lures. It is a neat idea, I had a wade caddy like that several years ago and just got tired of it being in the way. The simpler the better.

#24 ·
I drive and wade and the only extra thing that I would like to bring that I currently dont is a spare rod. I would leave one in the truck but now days you cant just leave stuff around if you go to far away. Its sad to say but I dont want to take that chance. It seems like it would be nice to have for somebody that is planning on wading all day or long distances but not sure it would be for everybody.

#26 ·
I don't think we mean to crush your hopes and dreams for your product, but I have been wade fishing for 25 years and would not be interested in lugging that around, whether I have a boat or am going to park and wade. I do both. Like many have said, I also like to travel light. When I see someone out there with too much gear or a setup like that, it just makes me think that they don't know what they are doing. You don't need nearly all that stuff., and frankly, if you take too much stuff out there it can be dangerous and burdensome.

Also, welcome to 2cool!

#28 ·
15-20yrs ago I would have been all over something like that. These days I have only a wade belt, stringer, couple of lures, 1 rod.

I finding that I try to bring as little as possible actually into the water. It helps be have a smaller footprint while stalking, less noise and less equip to mess with which means more times presenting my bait.

I can see something like this for a home base for waders that have no boat. Maybe add an anchor or stake stick. This will give the wader the ability to make a home base in the area they want and leave it to wade the remainder of the area.

Make sense? Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.