2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Lowrance Sonic Hub Stereo System

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dgeddings 
#1 ·
I've sold quite a few of these but finally got to install one on a customers boat. He chose an HDS-7 unit and went with the Sirius Weather / audio and the Sonic Hub. He also already had speakers and a nice Clarion 2 channel amp. The Sonic Hub has a built in 200W amp but the Clarion is more powerful and it was already there and connected to the speakers. All I had to cutout was a place for the Ipod / USB docking station.

Once I completed the installation we tested it out and I have to say I'm very impressed. With most of the hardware hidden under the console your dash looks very clean. And once you're familiar with the HDS controls, the operation is very easy and intuitive. You adjust the volume, change channels or tracks directly from the main controls. To changes settings or between radio, iPod or Sirius you hit the menu key and select from there. And since you're HDS is already on your dash, you don't have extra clutter and cutouts to deal with. And the sound is first rate. You can pretty much marry this system to any speaker combination or amp configuration out there. If you want basic the system pretty much comes with all you need including a pair of speakers, the amp, iPod docking station and most of the wires. If you don't have a NEMA 2000 network on your boat you'll need to purchase a NMEA 2000 starter kit.

I like this system and at $299.00 it's a pretty nice way to get tunes on your boat in a neat, efficient manner.

Sonic Hub is a NMEA 2000 system and as such is supposed to be compliant on any NMEA 2000 network. I hooked one up to a Garmin 541S and while I could see it on the network I couldn't find any controls on the 541S. I'll keep playing with it but at this time if you want the ease of use and clean appearance of the Sonic Hub you'll have to be using a Lowrance HDS unit.

For pricing and more information please check out my website at: http://angler-products.com/lowrancesonichubmarineaudioserverwmp3dockand2speakers.aspx

Good luck out there.

Capt John

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have not been able to get it to work with a Garmin yet. Only tried it with a 541 so far. I have some 740S coming in this week so I'll continue playing with it. It would be a neat setup if I can get it to work. Already is if you have an HDS system.

I'll post as soon as I see any success.

Tight lines!

Capt John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.