2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Wright Patman Lake Dam

824 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  texcajun 
#1 ·
Anyone ever fish it? I am up in texarkana working and plan on hitting it from the bank any tips? Are there many white bass in there or should I just concentrate on catfish?

#2 ·
I fished it several years ago (15) and I got lucky and hit it at the right time. The white bass were thick and I stole a technique from the locals that worked like a champ. It helped that when I was there they were schooling on the surface in the tail race all day long and you could catch 'em all day if you wanted. Not the size we see down here but all were respectable. I fished a weighted popping cork with 3 foot of leader and a bare bait keeper hook with a 2" chartreuse curly tail threaded onto the hook. If you are standing up on the apron casting out, you don't so much feel the hit as you see the jig disappear into the white bass' mouth. When I saw the jig get hit, I'd just rare back and set the hook on 'em. I also used a little heavier line just so I could winch them up the 12 to 20 ft of apron you are casting from. Drop me a PM if you have any more questions and good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.