2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Stuart Road trip

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mccain 
#1 ·
Testing the lures in Florida (rough life ..hehe) lots of small snook and decent trout.. no reds seen, but i may need to travel further north. Had a big snook take a swipe at my topwater this AM but she's tossed the hook immediately

Also got a really nice orange moon rise last night..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
So the offshore boat I hired said "the weather will be nasty tomorrow" .. the wind finder says a 7mph wind and a 3 foot swell .... "nasty" .... ? It's Florida I guess

So here's a picture of me drinking a beer and catching a trout on a topwater.... not impressed with Florida guides .. :-/

#8 ·
So the offshore boat I hired said "the weather will be nasty tomorrow" .. the wind finder says a 7mph wind and a 3 foot swell .... "nasty" .... ? It's Florida I guess

So here's a picture of me drinking a beer and catching a trout on a topwater.... not impressed with Florida guides .. :-/

Not only am I not impressed with Florida guides I am less than thrilled with Florida fishing. Great life style here with excellent public facilities, medical, infrastructure, lots to do and low crime but the fishing(IMO) sucks!!!!
Have been on the Treasure Coast for two years now and they like to advertise the area(Ft. Pierce) as the fishing capital of the world. I think Venice, La, Galveston, Freeport, Corpus, Port O'Connor, and others in La and Tex would take serious issue with that claim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.