2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Lavaca River Report ?

14K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Taylors545 
#1 ·
Probably hasn't been cold enough. Looking for fishing/catching report on Lavaca River below Lake Texana dam to the bay. Anybody been yet?

#3 ·
I was there last Monday, along with 20 other boats, and didn't have much luck. I was just fishing the dropoff with plastics and live shrimp. Caught about 10 trout and a Sheepie, 2 would've been keepers, but they were right at 15, so I chunked them back. Seems like most boats were running more toward the mouth, and yes it's not been cold enough yet to make it real good.

#17 ·
I have good memorizes of the Lavaca River. Grew up fishing it on COOLLDDDD Days. Took my college room mate there once in about 1995. We pulled up on a shoreline in a HEAVY Fog. He was jawing about where the heck I brought him to fish. I believe it was the tune to I don't want to catfish. About 5 minutes into the drift I flipped an 18" trout in the boat. 25 yards later he did the same. About 10 yards farther down the shoreline, he dropped anchor and the next move was to the boat ramp with two limits of Trout. He answered his own question.

#18 ·
Needs to get really cold for an extended period (at least 2-3 days) to drive the fish to the winter holes like various rivers, Offats Bayou, etc. This latest weather would have me drifting out in front of Greens cut on WGB. Soft mud, and shell pads scattered throughout in fairly deep water between the ICW and the old ICW. Have done well there in the past under similar conditions. Good luck!
www.solarscreenguys.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.