2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Rockport /Copano?

7K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  James@SeaKingBlue 
#1 ·
Hey guys looking for report of Rock port / Copano bay. We will be down there next week on the north/east end of Copano ...hopefully with dads boat lol if he can get the fuel pump fixed. :headknock.... if not I'll take the family to Goose Island State Park. Thanks in advance :fish:

#3 ·
Copano has been hit and miss......mostly miss for us artificial only guys. Some (not all by any means) of the croaker guys have been doing fair on the reefs. Trout are still pretty scattered and you really have to grind to find them. A few solid ones found but mostly bait stealing dinks. If the wind gets up above 20 sustained it will trash most of the bay. If you have a boat I would head to st joe and run it from Spaulding to south of mudd island. Reports have been a little better over there.
I am still grinding in Copano this weekend and for a few more weeks. Send me a PM before you go down and I will fill you in on anything new

#4 ·
thanks boltmaster....if the wind picks up is it even worth hitting one of the piers to let the boy just wet some lines....hell last year he did that and he got the only keeper of the trip a 20 inch **** near 4 inch thick flounder sad2sm lil **** out fished me yet again :fish:

#16 ·
Yesterday the black drum were schooled up in Paul's Mott. Some guys were using spec rigs to keep from spooking them; others started out throwing shrimp at them but changed over to the spec rigs when they realized how skittish they were. Evidently the black drum are back along the St. Joe shoreline....at least for now.

#34 ·
I see why the locals dont fish on Saturdays down there. Ive never in my life seen so many people/boats on one shoreline (south shoreline from Allyns Bite to Pauls Mott). You couldnt hardly squeeze in anywhere down there this past Saturday. It was ridiculous. People say POC is over crowded, I think they need to go fish this shoreline... Needless to say, our morning was wasted trying to find a place to fish. The afternoon we headed west and got on a few fish, but nothing to put in the box. Had one bite that felt like it could have been a keeper red, but it was short lived as it got off. Drfinitely going to avoid Saturdays down there during the summer from now on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.