Shimano Curado HG Sale!!

5K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  GotJacked 
#1 ·
Getem while you can! Academy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#15 ·
Not all.
Chronarch, Metanium, Aldebaran bait casters are still made in Japan.
You can check by looking at the bottom of the reels. If it does not have the "JAPAN" stamp, it's Malaysia (might be a little sticker).
Shimano made a big mistake making their Curado and Citica models in Malaysia.
This is the reason why those Curado and Citica E series reels are like "king of the hills" in their model line now.

I have zero interest in these Malaysian reels but if you look hard enough, you can find them for $110-130 shipped to your door easily.

#17 ·
If I was to rank the Curado model reels from best to worst:

Curado E (200E & 50E)
Curado D (100D & 100DSV only, the 200D was just to heavy)
Curado BSF (200BSF & 201BSF and 100B was a SF model)
Curado B (200B, 201B & 200B5 = "Old Greenies")
Curado I
Curado G (never bought this one, sounds like I didn't miss out)

Just my opinion on the Curado's, your mileage may very :spineyes:.

Haven't tried the new Curado 70 reels yet.

#18 ·
If I was to rank the Curado model reels from best to worst:

Curado E (200E & 50E)

Curado D (100D & 100DSV only, the 200D was just to heavy)

Curado BSF (200BSF & 201BSF and 100B was a SF model)

Curado B (200B, 201B & 200B5 = "Old Greenies")

Curado I

Curado G (never bought this one, sounds like I didn't miss out)

Just my opinion on the Curado's, your mileage may very :spineyes:.

Haven't tried the new Curado 70 reels yet.
I agree with your ranking for durability and ease of maintenance but for performance the I's are the best IMO. The new brakes simply cast further and they are smoother. 70s are my favorite of them all. I hung on to a collection of 200 & 50 e series, they are bullet proof tanks in the salt and have small place in my heart and a 100D. All the older heavier ones are gone. For a buck thirty and a receipt to Academy for hassle free returns that's a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 · (Edited)
I haven't fished the Curado 70, but I did pick one up at the fishing show last year. It felt a pretty rickety next to the Chronarch, Metanium and Aldebaron so I ended up buying a Metanium 100 size. I guess they only made these one year? The new MGL version is a 150 size. I just didn't care for the size of the Aldebaron because it was so small, but I'm sure it's a fine reel.

#23 ·
Call me lucky I guess but when I saw the original post on Monday I left work and went to Academy on 518 and bought the last 2 they had for 99 bucks. Only needed one we gave away at an oil show but couldn't pass up the other. Glad I didnt read the rest of the thread, I probably would not have gone and tried to get one.
Gulfcoastal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.