2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

GPS Question

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  joe0054 
#1 ·
Hey, I was looking at the GPS chart I have on the boat. And had a question about the chart.

I took a screen shot of it, those numbers that say "18" 21" "15" "09"

I know thats not depth, I know how deep it is over there and its not that deep. What do they mean?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Size

Hey, I was looking at the GPS chart I have on the boat. And had a question about the chart.

I took a screen shot of it, those numbers that say "18" 21" "15" "09"

I know thats not depth, I know how deep it is over there and its not that deep. What do they mean?
Thats the size of the trout in that area of East Bay. You need to find some 24's and 25's on that map and stay away from those 1's and 0's.....
n Gater

#10 ·
Stealth is correct. They are sounding readings. On NOAA charts those numbers represent fathoms(1st number) and feet (2nd lower case number). You may be able to check your depth finder manual or Navionics to see if you can change the depth readings to feet. You can download "U.S. Chart No.1" from NOAA to see all of the legend information for almost every nautical charts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.