2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

H2o vs Lews

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  speckcaster 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know what yall guys thought of these reels Im looking at getting one or the other or maybe both im going to be throwing a lot of big baits and popping corks just wondering how they held up against ware and tare and these heavy lures and corks any info would help thanks

#2 ·
Totally different price points. If you want a cheaper reel that you do not want to be as concerned if it gets dumped, H20. The Lews is by far better quality but you will want to take better care of it.

I have both and generally when I wade or kayak I use the H20. Now for a boat trip or some fishing off the rocks, I would use the Lews.

Get both.

#13 ·
save a few extra bucks and get the Lew's Tournament or even better the Tournament Pro....but for saltwater I'd stick with the 6.4/1 ratio over the 7.1/1 ratio reels....that 7.1/1 has the tendency to work the baits too quickly....

now in freshwater (bass fishing) and your wanting to burn spinner/buzz baits or pull bass out of the thick stuff while flipping or frogging then that 7.1/1 ratio reel is in it's element....

I've got one of each in the Tournament Pro series and love them ....just be cognicent of your retrieve speed and slow down if your turning that 7.1/1 ration reel!

speckcaster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.