2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Carrot Stix warranty!

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  dezal 
#1 ·
What kinda warranty is ship us a section of your old rod, plus 39.95 for shipping. If you buy the thing from Acadamy for 99.00 I would have to guess that Carrot Stix is selling you another rod for there cost or possibly a little more? Don't think I'll be buying anymore, I've never broke a rod in half till this one and I've had enough seeing made in China on my equipment! I've got several A.R.S and think I'll stay with there stuff or maybe try a Waterloo!

#4 ·
I have to agree!!!

What kinda warranty is ship us a section of your old rod, plus 39.95 for shipping. If you buy the thing from Acadamy for 99.00 I would have to guess that Carrot Stix is selling you another rod for there cost or possibly a little more? Don't think I'll be buying anymore, I've never broke a rod in half till this one and I've had enough seeing made in China on my equipment! I've got several A.R.S and think I'll stay with there stuff or maybe try a Waterloo!
Man I have to agree with you. I bought the wife one for her birthday and a nice Pfluger (sp sorry) reel. She thought it was cool but the first time she got a decent redfish on it, it just snapped right in half! I paid $149 over at Talleys. I have rods that I bought at Academy for about $50 (71/2 spinning rods) in what ever their brand is and they have held up through several seasons of abuse. Caught litterly hundreds of redfish and are still hanging in there. I am just going to chalk it up to an expensive lesson. Heck I coulda bought some stupid junk like flowers or candy and they would have been gone by now anyway! Atleast we still have the reel and it's a goodun!:texasflag

#6 ·
I had originally bought a Falcon at Acadamy. It was on sale, fished it the day after I bought it and it broke. I took it back to Acadamy the same day. They would replace it, but would only honor the sale price. So I figured if I had to spend more anyway, I would try a Carrot Stix. I fished it twice and it broke in half on a Spanish Mackerel.

#8 ·
Had the same problem at FTU on a FTU green rod the $50 one. Anchored at the jetties and got a hard hit. The rod broke in half before the line started stripping off the reel. Took it back with the reciept 2 months old and was told the rod had been abused because the paint had chipped off near the reel handle. Had to pay $15 to get anew one.The rod broke in the middle not near the handle. Won't be spending much money there any more!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.