2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Chocolate bay 1-5-16

7K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  joecostie 
#1 ·
Since my home waters were stirred up from these winds we have been having, I decided to try out a new spot I have been looking at in chocolate bay. I launched out of the boat launch off of 2004 at around 1100. After the one hour pedal I arrived at my first spot and hoped out and started wading throwing a chartreuse fat boy with no hits. After about an hour I switched to a chicken on a chain paddle tail on a 1/16 ounce jig head. After about another thirty minutes of fishing with no hits I seen some pink birds working the shore line so I decided to head over and see if any fish were around them, no joy on that plan either. Once back in the yak I decided to drift the channel and found my first taker, a 15 inch trout. Not being one to give up I headed over to a nearby reef that I knew about, on my first drift I hooked up with another 15 inch trout and decided to switch to a 5" assassin sea shad in fire tiger. On the first drift with the fire tiger I hooked up on a decent flounder then a nice black drum. After making a few more drifts I switched over to a plum/treus paddle tail and on the first cast hooked up with a nice 27 3/4" red. Made a few more drifts with no hits and decided to head in.

WATER
60°-63°
trout green
very little tide movement with heavy north chop
good salinity
2-4 ft deep over mud shell

WEATHER
60°-62°
north wind at 13-16 mph
broken cloud cover

P.S To the two gentleman who offered me a ride in thank you for your generous offer.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Nice dude!

Man, I've always wondered what the big deal is about those Hobies, and why they are thousands of dollars. I thought they were just an any day kayak. Went to the boat show on Sunday and went to where the Hobies were and asked a guy there what's so special about them. If I ever want/need a kayak, I'll be getting a Hobie. Those things are crazy

#11 ·
Nice dude!

Man, I've always wondered what the big deal is about those Hobies, and why they are thousands of dollars. I thought they were just an any day kayak. Went to the boat show on Sunday and went to where the Hobies were and asked a guy there what's so special about them. If I ever want/need a kayak, I'll be getting a Hobie. Those things are crazy
that's why they're a couple of grands

#12 ·
They are a little expensive for a kayak and I can afford a decent boat but I fish almost three to four times a week. So if you figure up gas, insurance, maintenance, etc. I would be looking at a pretty costly amount. So I figured by the best of the kayak world and go fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.