2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

spearfishing diving fishing charters Done right

12K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  kwikool 
#1 ·
Later this year I will be providing the ultimate diving and fishing experience aboard the NEUTRAL BOUYANCY, the ultimate in private dive charters. Tis big Catamarran has a huge deck with plenty of room for tanks and equipment plus with the ride and stability of a Cat. Safety and comfort is my number one concern. Attached is a pic of the boat

More to come later if interested in getting on our mailing list just leave your email address

#4 ·
scuba

Howdy

thanks for the encouragement

we are going to try and be up early april. trying to get everything ready and rig up the boat for diving. need to install tank holders and a dive platform and ladder on the stern. just sepnt 20K on new electronics. chart, gps, radar, autopilot etc

what can you tell me about insurance??

Michael

Welcome aboard we will be operating almost identical boats in the same area. Send me a message if you want to share information on insurance rates dive rates etc. When do you expect to be operational? I am trying for a jan 1st starrtup.

#15 ·
we will be doing a variety of trips from flower gardens trips to tuna trips to spearfishing trips. what do you mean by technical?? rebreathers?? tri mix ??

we will probably do some rebreather trips but of course i think we could do almost anything given the time and money so to speak

#20 ·
I would sure check with your insurance before knowingly letting anyone go past recomended safety depths. There was a reason the fling and spree only let you go to 100' im sure. Caught me several times and i never went back with them when they made me miss a night dive because i went to 103'. Being a dive master, rescue diver, and having made over 500 saltwater dives just rubbed me the wrong way. I started when i was 12 by the way and have been to 175'. 150 to 160 is now my limit cuz i got narcd out the wazoo! Had to stop and think what was going on and look at my bubbles. Crazy crazy feeling!

Like others said...no stopping at the Gardens with guns on board. Even if you don't take them down its illegal. Not that you will probably ever get caught if you do but the risk with this being your business is not worth it.

#25 ·
I would sure check with your insurance before knowingly letting anyone go past recomended safety depths. There was a reason the fling and spree only let you go to 100' im sure. Caught me several times and i never went back with them when they made me miss a night dive because i went to 103'. Being a dive master, rescue diver, and having made over 500 saltwater dives just rubbed me the wrong way. I started when i was 12 by the way and have been to 175'. 150 to 160 is now my limit cuz i got narcd out the wazoo! Had to stop and think what was going on and look at my bubbles. Crazy crazy feeling!

Like others said...no stopping at the Gardens with guns on board. Even if you don't take them down its illegal. Not that you will probably ever get caught if you do but the risk with this being your business is not worth it.
You stopped going because they enforced the rule about a 100' floor? As a DM I would think you would know why the rules are in place and understand why they made you sit the next dive.....103' this time then 110' next?.....I never had a problem with anyone when we made someone sit out a dive....although that was usually for drinking past midnight or blowing your charts/computer and making a deco dive by accident.

#22 ·
yes the fling is pretty anal about that. but remember that they also are not diving with the divers so maybe if people were supervised then the extra couple of feet wouldnt make a difference. i have never been that deep i think 150 has been my deepest and i have never been narced at least to date

#23 ·
Most charter insurance stops covering your pasengers when they leave the
boat. To be covered you need an insured Divemaster or Instructor in the water
with the divers. In the case of an instructor wanting to do 200 ft training dives he/she should be insured for those depths.

Randy

#27 ·
ok all we are getting closer and closer. we now have our charter license for reef and pelegics and HMS....... we have now installed 20K in new electronics, lights and New rockin sound sytem with satelite radio and weather. underwatter lights.
Boat equiped with head and freshwater. More pictures soon. We should be up and running within the month

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.