2CoolFishing

2CoolFishing (http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/index.php)
-   General Fishing Discussion (http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   LF Guide w/ Baby Cat, mid coast area (http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=393128)

Okiebug 02-04-2012 08:04 AM

LF Guide w/ Baby Cat, mid coast area

I am strongly considering a Transport Baby Cat and would like to hire a guide that could take me out for a day of fishing on this boat in the mid coast area.

patwilson 02-04-2012 08:09 AM

Welcome too 2cool!

boltmaster 02-04-2012 08:21 AM

I don't think many guides run baby cats because it is only 16ft. But there are a lot of 2 coolers that run them, me included. I run mine out of Rockport but there are several that I know of of your way. I am sure some one will chime in and set you up for ride. Have you tried to see if Donnie at tran can set you up with a test ride. I also know that bob at Rockport marine currently has a lime green and white BC in stock that you might be able to test run. They are great boats you won't be disappointed.
<<<mike>>>

Chasin Bait 02-04-2012 08:26 AM

Welcome to the TX coast

Okiebug,

I don't know of any guides that run a baby cat or smaller boats of any kind; in fact, most of them run the biggest boat possible for the extra room it gives them to hide from flying lures and hooks. Most of their trips consist of a party of 4 plus the guide and all the gear.

The good news is here on 2cool, most any member will be willing to take you out fishing for free or at least a few hours running around and chunking a few arties.

South of 1-10 is mo' better than north of it,
CB

FishAfrica 02-04-2012 09:14 AM

I believe Aaron Wollam runs one, hes a guide in Palacios, Transport boats' home town.

Capt.Coach 02-04-2012 10:44 PM

Guide with Baby Cat-Transport

Capt. Aaron Wollam runs trips with his Baby Cat....Palacios Fishing Guide Service........phone number 979 240 8204.....if he can't take you out, he will let me run his boat, Capt. Coach, Knee Deep Guide Service, 979 533 0893.........hope this helps.....really a good boat, well built....

Okiebug 02-05-2012 05:52 AM

Thanks for the responses, I will set up a trip with Aaron.

JimD 02-05-2012 06:56 AM

Have you talked with Donny Tran? They are good people. Donnie does most of the talking and his brother Frank does most of the working. ;) When I got my BC Donny had a guy that worked for him that ran a BC for small one person type trips and a bigger boat for 3 or more people. Probably the same guy. Nice guy.

You really need to go down and let Donny take you out for a test run. If you are not familar with flats boats and how best to run one then get Donny to give you some lessons. Donny does not want to upset people so he will not offer unless you ask.

Going to be an El Campo "Ricebird" you are almost at Donny's shop.

The big question is 2 stroke Tothatsu 90 or the new Su 90 4 stroke and how much cr-- do you want on the boat.

Lot of us have the old Tothatsu 90 which is a work horse. They are not fancy but just keep on going. Ask Bolt about his motor as he has the new one. Donny started messing with adding the 4 stroke to the BC. Not sure what the $ difference is.

Mine fits in the garage and has the fold down grab rail and removable windshield.

For me the perfect little boat. Few places it will not go but then do I want to be out fishing much of the time with winds over 20+ mph? I have been caught in a couple of northers and out more than that on a buddies old BC and I felt safe but it is not like a 24 ft boat either.

EBHunter 02-05-2012 03:44 PM

Aaron will take good care of you. He is a great guy.

merle 02-05-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okiebug (Post 3914797)
Thanks for the responses, I will set up a trip with Aaron.

Let us know how it goes and what you think. I am very impressed with mine.